Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Trouchet Bob Trouchet is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

Its a bit of a worry when us Aussies can get a better score than some
of your US college graduates.

A few guesses in there but I note that a few of you guys got some of
mine wrong as well.

You answered 44 out of 60 correctly — 73.33 %
Average score for this quiz during September: 75.3%
Average score since September 18, 2007: 75.3%

Question #5 - D. Yorktown
Question #7 - B. Fort Sumter, Gettysburg, Appomattox
Question #8 - E. Thomas Jefferson's letters.
Question #13 - B. the nature and control of Reconstruction.
Question #18 - D. The Declaration of Independence.
Question #19 - C. philosopher kings.
Question #21 - A. support ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
Question #23 - B. Marbury v. Madison.
Question #24 - D. A political system where state and national
governments share power.
Question #31 - A. Edmund Burke argued that society consists of a union
of past, present, and future generations.
Question #32 - B. Common Sense.
Question #33 - C. To receive ambassadors.
Question #34 - B. President Washington's Farewell Address.
Question #43 - A. A state that seeks to expand its power generates
resistance by other states.
Question #58 - B. An increase in the volume of commercial bank loans.
Question #60 - B. social security.

Its the Poms that like their warm beer not us.

Bob.

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:17:14 -0400, Wes wrote:

Alan wrote:

I am Australian and scored 41/60, most of my failures were obscure
American history.

Well done! I wouldn't even hazard a guess on my ability to answer a test on
your political/economic system.

Things I know about Austrailia:

Water rotates the wrong way down the drain.
Summer is off a bit on the calendar.
There is a fence across a lot of real estate called the 'great dog fence'.
You don't know when to stop adding trailers to a semi.
For a bunch of riffraff shipped off from England you turned out allright.
You have some real gun haters in your government.
Whenever the US has been in a fighting war, you've been there with us.
I hear you think warm beer is good, or is that the Germans?

Wes