Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andyh@hall.nospam is offline

Default Is this dribble?

On 20 Sep, 08:45, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Matt, it is not for sale yet. Boy you are dumb at times.

I didn't suggest buying one *now*, but will you when they become
available - if they do?

Say it saves 2/3 of the electricity as resistance heating. That brings it in
line with current gas prices. What cost it is to buy is then important. If
it is a reasonable price to buy then it has advantages of no servicing and
small. It goes well with a thermal store as the company web site shows. It
will also kill heat pumps stone dead, except where the heat pump is
reversible for heat and cool. Even then if using an absorption cooling
system, it may be viable. When gas supplies start to dwindle then this comes
into its own.

It is an over-unity device, if it does what they say, in that it produces
more in energy output that input. Using this surplus and go through an
energy state change may produce turning motion. Then vehicle applications
are then in the frame.

So, as electricity at point of burn is 99% efficient in the energy burnt, in
actuality from generator to point of burn it is only around 1/3 efficient as
2/3 is lost in latent heat losses at the station and line losses. This unit
then makes electricity 100% efficient, from tip to toe. If it is takes les
than 1/3 of resistance heating, say more like 1/6, then this thing is a
clear winner all around. Run the stations with natural gas, phasing down
gas for districts and we will have one clean nation. Then we can concentrate
on getting cars 100% electric and providing the charge cheaply, maybe using
one of these devices.

We shall see.

An over unity device

Is that the latest euphemism?

Do you have the URL for that latest cut and paste so that we can read
the rest of it?