Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Joist strength

wrote:
You probably have a very good idea where each foot of your grand will
be positioned.

A very good idea! We have a triangle made from lengths of wood that show
us where the the piano will sit more or less exactly.

You could consider independent masonry pillar supports topped with
timber plates pressing up against the underside of the floor boards at
these locations.

This is something that I had considered. The existing sleeper walls seem
to be built on top of the rough floor concrete so extra support should
be easy to add as you suggest. I had it in mind to provide to provide
that additional support under the joists in these areas if necessary.

Thanks

Steve