Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Joist strength

Robert wrote:

Would you be worrying if six people (each weighing 80kg) stood on your
floor in three groups of two? That would give the same weight
distribution as the piano but you probably woul dnot even give it a
thought. Maybe nothing needs to be done.

Robert

Thanks and that was one of the scenarios we considered!

This is to do with protecting a very valuable item of ours and as it has
to be standing in the same place for years (because it cannot easily be
moved), I was asking whether the idea's I had put forward had any merit
or not.

If not, and while the floor is open, I would prefer to do the best thing.

As you say, maybe nothing needs done.

Steve