Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:22:45 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:29:21 -0400, the renowned Stuart Wheaton
wrote:

Ignoramus29233 wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:47:01 -0700, TwoGuns wrote:
On Sep 18, 3:01 pm, "Newshound" wrote:
"TwoGuns" wrote in message

ups.com...

Take the 60 question test and see how your results compare to those of
students at some of America's elite Universities and Colleges. I was
disappointed in my score. . . until I compared it to the results of
students from Harvard, Yale and some of the elite schools.
Enjoy,
Dennis
er, you will need to post the link!
Sorry about that. Now I really do feel like a dumbass LOL.
Dennis
http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/

You answered 52 out of 60 correctly 86.67 %
Average score for this quiz during September: 73.0%
Average score since September 18, 2007: 73.0%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will
only count once toward the monthly average.

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email
.
You can consult the following table to see how freshmen and seniors
scored on each question as part of the survey administration.

Where to from here?
Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #5 - D. Yorktown
Question #9 - B. was a stalemate.
Question #13 - B. the nature and control of Reconstruction.
Question #23 - B. Marbury v. Madison.
Question #32 - B. Common Sense.
Question #35 - A. discouraged new colonies in the Western hemisphere.
Question #55 - E. increased for the lower and middle classes and
increased most for the upper class.
Question #60 - B. social security.

I got 51 right, between us, the only one we both missed was 60...

Did you say 'Interest on the debt' too?

Stuart

45 out of 60 (75%) and I've never studied American Civics, so a C is
about right.

Question #2 - B. stressed the sinfulness of all humanity.
Question #5 - D. Yorktown
Question #7 - B. Fort Sumter, Gettysburg, Appomattox
Question #10 - E. slavery and its expansion.
Question #11 - C. 1851-1875
Question #19 - C. philosopher kings.
Question #21 - A. support ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
Question #23 - B. Marbury v. Madison.
Question #26 - D. John Locke.
Question #33 - C. To receive ambassadors.
Question #35 - A. discouraged new colonies in the Western hemisphere.
Question #36 - D. The authority of a legitimate sovereign.
Question #53 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly
paying for it.
Question #58 - B. An increase in the volume of commercial bank loans.
Question #60 - B. social security.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

You answered 56 out of 60 correctly — 93.33 %
Average score for this quiz during September: 75.1%
Average score since September 18, 2007: 75.1%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will
only count once toward the monthly average.

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email
.
You can consult the following table to see how freshmen and seniors
scored on each question as part of the survey administration.

Where to from here?
Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #1 - D. 1601-1700
Question #21 - A. support ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
Question #50 - A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of
means and ends.
Question #54 - D. can be reversed by government spending more than it
taxes.

Should have read em slower....

Gunner