Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Is this dribble?

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

Say it saves 2/3 of the electricity as resistance heating. That brings
it in line with current gas prices. What cost it is to buy is then
important. If it is a reasonable price to buy then it has advantages
of no servicing and small. It goes well with a thermal store as the
company web site shows. It will also kill heat pumps stone dead,
except where the heat pump is reversible for heat and cool. Even then
if using an absorption cooling system, it may be viable. When gas
supplies start to dwindle then this comes into its own.

It is an over-unity device, if it does what they say, in that it
produces more in energy output that input. Using this surplus and go
through an energy state change may produce turning motion. Then vehicle
applications are then in the frame.

There is not, and never will be, an "over-unity" device that produces
more energy out than is consumed. The search for, and belief in, such
things are the desperate scrabblings of the feeble minded, poorly
educated or just plain gullible for an easy fix for our energy needs.

Have you told York University all this?

Au contraire, I find it a little suprising that a "discovery" that
disproves the laws of thermodynamics that correctly describe the operation
of energy throught the universe -

There is your problem. You believe that these laws cover all explanations of
matter/energy, etc. Any scientist who knows his stuff will tell you that
these laws are man made and explain about 10% of matter. The top British
scientist in that Swiss atom big circle pipe, only recently on TV said that.

a discovery that would set all known science aside - fails to rate even a
mention on their website!

Could be a non-disclosure agreement. This company did give money to York
Uni for research, a Google brings that out. York uni are highly rated as
well. Best to look at this as if the bottle if half full rather than half
empty. Have an open mind - say, nice idea now prove it to me. The man at
the uni who is involved is real too.