Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Which air nailer is better - round head or clipped head?

wrote:

I realize that they use different nails but is one actually better
than the other? I hear that some codes require the round head nails
which makes me wonder about the clipped head models - or were they
made first?

Only recently have codes been altered to require full round
head nails and that is usually in wind zones. I think that
our code here requires full round heads, but I have never had
an inspector say anything about them (I have both). Now, just
to be sure, I buy the full round head nails that fit in a
clipped head nailer. The heads are offset to allow them to
work in a clipped head nailer.

Otherwise, you won't notice any difference in comparable guns.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.