Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default OT - Getting A Portable Computer

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
I find that I am traveling more and more and I am looking to get a
laptop that allows me to use the Internet on the road.

How have others approached this need?

I am talking about using a SMALL portable with dialup/wireless as one
travels.

Any brands and accessories that you would recommend?

And as always cost is a factor since I wish to shed no tears if the
unit suffers loss or damage while traveling. Any used laptops that
work well for this type of usage?

I am currently looking at the Dell Latitude L400 series as a candidate
for this function. Comments?

Thanks

TMT

What is the budget? Go to the box store and give them that...they will give
you a box.