Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default OT - Upgrading Computers

I've been running a couple 1 gig's at home since around 2000. A couple
600's and Dos boxes at work. See no need to upgrade for the stuff I do.
Runs all my stuff just fine. I typically run about 5-6 years behind the
curve on computer stuff. Makes it real cheap to build them then.'Course,
can't run RealFlight 3.5, but don't need to either. Have artifacts going
back to my Tandy TL2 on the shelf.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Looking around I could go by the name of "Too Many Computers" with all
the computers I have.

As they age and needs change, I find that I am to the point where I
need to upgrade again.

I am interested in hearing how you decide when it is time to upgrade
your computer, what do you do with the old one, do you keep any of the
components...in other words how do you go about upgrading your
computer resources.

A comment about how you will deal with upgrading to Vista would be
appreciated too.

Thanks

TMT

Dependence is Vulnerability: