Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default Yikes! (0/1)

"Joerg" wrote in message
Hmm, when I bought a PC-controlled receiver for EMI debug purposes lately
they told me I can only have a version where the cell bands have been
disabled.

That's because what you're buying is being sold as a "radio." When you buy
"test and measurement" equipment, no such silliness applies.

Only gov folks can buy the full range version.

Yeah, but with many receivers it's just a matter of cutting a jumper or
removing a diode to enable it -- the hardware is often 100% the same.

It's a stupid law anyway.