Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default I need a better way to post projects

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:05:32 -0400, the renowned Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I use Acrobat Pro and my client uses CutePDF. My output of his monthly
calendars ranges between 86Kb and 143Kb. His are all just over a meg.

The *one* conversion that I did with CutePDF created a pdf that was
about the same size as the total jpg's that went into it. I may *buy*
(gulp!) Acrobat Pro if I find CutePDF to be lacking.

Thanks,
Bob

That sounds quite reasonable. Acrobat has the option to globally
downsample images to lower resolution, IIRC, so you can create
relatively small crappy pdfs, but I imagine that if CutePDF doesn't do
that you could manually reduce the resolution of the photos first-- in
fact a good image editing program (eg. Photoshop) might do a better
job downsampling than Acrobat.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany