Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Martes Jerry Martes is offline

Default OT - Upgrading Computers

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking around I could go by the name of "Too Many Computers" with all
the computers I have.

As they age and needs change, I find that I am to the point where I
need to upgrade again.

I am interested in hearing how you decide when it is time to upgrade
your computer, what do you do with the old one, do you keep any of the
components...in other words how do you go about upgrading your
computer resources.

A comment about how you will deal with upgrading to Vista would be
appreciated too.

Thanks

TMT

Hi TMT

Try changing to Vista, you may like it. You might also try Fedora.
Neither (in my opinion) should be refered to as an UPgrade. There is just
too much incompatibility of XP stuff with Vista. To me, Vista is just too
much different from XP to be refered to as upgrade.

It sure is difficult to advise anyone to upgrade a computer that is
operating well. If your present computer is slower than you would like.
There are often low cost new computers that are alot faster than the
computers of 4 years ago.
I'd be tempted to tell you to let your pocketbook be your guide to
"upgrading".
I usually find a kid to give outdated computers to.

Jerry