Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Yikes! (1/1)

John Larkin wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:45:33 -0700, Spurious Response
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:44:23 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

I'd say that "spurious" doesn't even describe the level of noise in
that "signal". More like pure trash.

The noise floor is about -80 dBm, not bad in the middle of a city. All
the other stuff is there on purpose: AM, FM, TV, HDTV, all that. The
*content* of most of those signals are certainly trash, but that's
another issue.

Once I had to convince someone that it was indeed AM that got into their
gear. So I whipped up a diode thing (always have some Ge diode with
me...), connected to the sound card and Rush Limbaugh was heard loud and
clear.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com