Tom

Default Any lawyers on the list?

Gary Coffman wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2004 08:52:57 +1200, Tom wrote:
Gary Coffman wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2004 12:30:47 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote:
From this I gather that you feel that it is perfectly acceptable that
someone advertises a car for sale, shows a picture of the car before a fire,
you bid, you win, you receive a burned out car, and the seller is off the
hook?

Are you *seriously* asserting that's what happened here? You received
a product with a small cosmetic defect roughly equivalent to finding a
minor collision damage repair had been done on a used car you bought.
You were offered a full refund, which is more than most sellers of used
merchandise would do, now you totally exaggerate the situation by
screaming fraud because the seller won't also pay for return shipping.
Get real, Harold.

Gary

I'm surprised, Gary, normally you supply comment in a
knowledgeable manner, but describing the fault as a
"small cosmetic defect", certainly disqualifies you
from any credence in the collectable art world, or for
that matter most any other collectable field. Condition
is everything. Try getting top dollar for a Colt Peacemaker
with a replacement screw.

I don't care whether Sam Colt hand filed the screw himself,
or if it came from Ace Hardware, as long as the gun shoots
properly. But you're correct that I'm not in the business of
operating a gallery or "investing" in art. ...........

Gary

So your opinion in this matter is irrelevant.
Tom