Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Painting wood with green slime

wrote:
I replaced some wood on a camping trailer last year. I never got it
painted. It's been under a tree all year. Now this new wood has a
green slime or green (something) on it. [What is it?].

Moss/algae...same stuff that grows on the north side of trees.
___________

Do I need to sand this all off the wood, or can I just scrub it with
bleach, or can I paint right over it? I plan to use an oil based
paint.

Kill it with bleach, rinse, let dry. If any residue remains, scrape
or sand off. Prime. paint.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...