Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Installing full overlay cabinets under soffit.

On Sep 18, 12:54 pm, JB wrote:
Abit off topic, but I am also getting ready to redo my kitch. I will
be removing soffits and hanging new cabs. I will leave measuring and
installing granite countertops to the pros but I'l be doing removing/
rebuilding some interior walls, new electrical and plumbing. I am not
a professional remodeler. My wife and a few others are telling me to
get the cabs installed by someone else, but I can't believe its all
that difficult. Awkward maybe yes (esp the hanging cabs), but not
difficult. And not worth $1000 to have someone else do it.

I've redone bathrooms, built a deck, and a gazebo. Please tell me
that with good carpentry skills, a level, and some extra hands,
installing floor and hanging cabs ain't that hard.

--Jeff

Install uppers firs, with temporary firring on wall to hold them
level. Clamp/screw the mullions (or adjacent sides if full open euro
box type) together before final screwing to wall, this will ensure
that the fronts look tight even if the wall is bowed or cupped.