Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Update on the Containerized shop

On Sep 19, 1:07 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Brent wrote:

Well at this point the paint phase is done and construction and
modification begins

i TOTALLY struck out at finding a metal door and frame. the only metal
framed doors i found were GLASS doors liek the entrance to a lawyers
office or boutique.... Not appropriate for my application

Next I'm calling the window and door manufacturers looking for miscuts
or refused orders. If they had to take back a door its of limited
usefulness to them and since i can cut my opening to fit its very
useful to me

I have several local places that deal in Mobile home and surplus
construction materials. I bought two new fire rated steel doors a few
years ago for $20 each. They were rejected on the jobsite because of
scratches that were easy to fix h a torch. They had a metal cover tack
welded over the normal edge where the lock set went, to use them as a
set of double doors. It took about five minutes to peel them off. A
little grinding and fresh paint, and they looked brand new. One is in
use on my shop building, and the other will go on the garage.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Issue resolved I'm getting a reject off a commercial door manufacturer
here

new 20 gauge steel and insulated but rejected from an earlier job

Now for windows