Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Science - and the Media

In article , cavelamb himself wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article . com, TwoGuns

wrote:

Using RF waves to "Burn" water would be world changing IF the energy
output is greater than the energy input required to burn the water.

And it won't be. That's impossible.

The input power budget would tell a lot.
So far I've seen one reference - about 175 watts.

I'd suggest you do a little investigation into the energy required to
dissociate water into hydrogen and oxygen, then calculate how many water
molecules can be dissociated with 175 watts.

Below is a quote from one of the discussions.
Probably a good guess - for sure a good starting point.

On June 28, 2007, Ted Green Theodore.A.Green {at} l-3com.com wrote:

To get right to the point, I believe the Kanzius effect is caused by the
polarization of the hydrogen molecules in the water.

"Polarization of the hydrogen molecules in the water"??? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

The opinions of anyone who thinks that water contains "hydrogen molecules"
should not be taken seriously.

--
Regards,