Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Combined FM/DAB aerial

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
Just as an update I've played around with this most of yesterday and
concluded it's the DA that's faulty. Although not sure exactly what the
fault is.

I changed the DAB aerial back to the FM one - mounted vertically.

There are four tuners - two DAB, two FM, fed via a DA.

DAB now fine - FM noisy. Aerial horizontal DAB poor FM fine.

With the aerial vertical plugging the aerial direct to any tuner - fine.
Horizontal - FM fine but DAB marginal on only one of the DAB tuners -
other one fine.

So either the DA is faulty - although it appears to be increasing the
signal level - or one of the tuners is *transmitting* a nasty back up the
line?

I'm rather lost with RF. ;-)

What make and model of amp is it. I suspect that its overloading what
with where you live etc Dave...
--
Tony Sayer