Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Can you "roll up" formica?

"Eric9822" wrote in message n
As others have stated you can roll it up; one thing to watch out for
is how you secure it. At the supply house I worked at many years ago
we would roll it and cover the edge of the sheet with a folded piece
of cardboard before securing it with twine. Those that omitted the
cardboard ruined the sheet because the tension of the formica against
the twine would be enough for the twine to split the sheet at the
edge. We always rolled it finished side in to protect the surface
during transport.

Great tips Eric thanks! I'll probably use tape in several places instead of
twine, & I'll roll it finished side in.

Dan