Carl Byrns

Default Any lawyers on the list? - eBay.com Seller List industrialstrengthbargains.url (0/1)

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:52:50 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
shouted from the rooftop:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .

For the two of you, this can all be rendered down to a simple thing from all
appearances:

It doesn't matter that we were told lies to encourage a higher bid, or in
our case, any bid, and it is our fault for challenging someone that told us
lies once we received the item in question. . We should have sent the item
back at a loss when it was totally their fault we are unhappy because they
refused to disclose a real condition of the item in question. I gather
that the two of you feel the seller was well within his/her rights to
misrepresent the item, and we have no basis for complaining.

I want you to find where exactly I (or Gary) said that. Let me save
you some time: you cannot.

The seller is under no obligation to make us whole again,
it's just tough luck for us that they chose to tell lies.

Um, no.
Your "sent the item back at a loss" statement doesn't make sense. You
said the seller offered a refund for the item, less shipping. That's
entirely fair but you didn't want just a refund, you want some kind of
vengeance.

Please be sure to let us know what name you use on eBay as a seller,

Certainly. It's industrialstrengthbargains- do read my feedback,
especially the one from the guy who accidentally sent me too much
money and how I refunded it. I do have one negative- my daughter
bought a dollhouse and the crumb who sold it tried to triple the
shipping costs, so I refused to complete the sale.

The book's not closed on that matter yet, but right now
I see a law suit, even at great expense.

I don't. It's unlikely any judge would hear such a case (I've a few
relatives who are lawyers and federal prosecutors).

In any case, only an idiot throws good money after bad.
..
One that involves punitive damages.

Oh. please- you weren't physically hurt, the seller offered to return
your money, nor were you harmed in any other way. You want to sue
someone, go get a cup of coffee from a fast-food joint.

Maybe the judge will tell us to grow
up.

See above.

Get on with life.

-Carl

"An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura