Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What are the odds, motel AC

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:23:29 -0700, "
wrote:

On Sep 18, 12:40?am, mm wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:45:54 -0000, Steve Kraus

1 in 1135. Musta rounded differently.

I'll have to use the first number, because I don't want to give them a
false sense of security.

depends is there fire insurance on the building scheduled for
demolition?

AIUI, since we sold it, we have almost no insurable interest in it
anymore, only a few thousand dollars worth of contents, and we
couldn't benefit much even if the insurance paid off. So I should
tell the boss to cancel the insurance, or reduce it at least. (We had
a lawyer. He should have thought of this, but who knows?)

Since the buyer is going to tear it down, how much could he claim?
Only for whatever he might have been planning to sell**, and if it is
possible that it could cost more to tear down after a fire than
without one. **commericial kitchen stuff, not a lot and old, but
still must be worth something since they work fine, maybe a few
special order light fixtures.)

All in all, he probably didn't buy insurance.