Garrett Fulton

Default Any lawyers on the list?

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Garrett Fulton says...

I recently had an insurance company attempt to cheat me on a damage claim

my home. They wanted to pay me $700, which was unacceptable considering

the
damage, and after I'd been paying their premiums for many years with nary

claim.. Before I took it to small claims court, I paid $25.00 to have a
subpoena issued against the representative of the ins. company that was
located in an adjacent state. They had to hire a local lawyer to show up

in
court, after unsuccessfully attempting to "quash" the subpoena. I had
several more independent appraisals done of the damage and stayed on top

of
the situation and generally made their life miserable. ...

Great story - but I would comment that even though you did "win"
they are still your insurance company. No doubt after the dust
settled, they probably dropped your coverage. And included a
not in your file (which you could not see) to the effect that
'insured is recalcitrant and sticks up for himself. Suggest
that any other insurance company stay away from him!'

Insurance companies. Don't get me started....

Jim

No, they didn't drop me and I expected them to. But about 3 months later my
ins. agent put me with a different company. The ins. co. that tried to rip
me off lost their license to operate in my state. I don't know the
particulars. Served 'em right, to my thinking.

Garrett