Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Can you "roll up" formica?

I need to buy a 4'x8' sheet of generic "Formica" from Home Depot. Trouble
is, I have no way to get it home, except my wife's Subaru Impreza wagon.
This material is somewhat flexible, and I'm wondering if I could roll it
cross wise into a tube of about 3' diameter by 4' long without it cracking.
This would fit into the hatch of the Subaru. Alternatively, maybe I could
bend it into a "U" shape lengthwise & get it in there without cracking.
Anyone know if this is possible? If I try this, does it matter which side
is on the outside of the curve? Seems like it should be the top surface.

TIA

Dan