Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bigjcw1023@gmail.com is offline

Default firewood question

On Sep 18, 6:37 pm, (John B) wrote:
I burn anything/everything with btu's. My home, way up in snow
country, is 2200 sq ft and it's heated with my woodburner. I do have
an LP furnace, but it never kicks on. The rule is to keep your bottom
air damper mostly open and burn everything hot, using a smaller fire.
Last spring I had 1.5 gallons of dry soot in my cleanout. My chimney is
one alongside my home, masonry block with a ceramic flue, but the
masonry block has 2" of foam insulation and siding over it.

My chimney is masonry, center of the house with about three or four
feet exposed at the top/ It is I believe a ceramic flue and was
cleaned (brush) at least three years ago. I should probably go up and
clean it again.