Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Science - and the Media

Doug Miller wrote:

In article . com, TwoGuns wrote:

Using RF waves to "Burn" water would be world changing IF the energy
output is greater than the energy input required to burn the water.

And it won't be. That's impossible.

The input power budget would tell a lot.
So far I've seen one reference - about 175 watts.

Below is a quote from one of the discussions.
Probably a good guess - for sure a good starting point.

On June 28, 2007, Ted Green Theodore.A.Green {at} l-3com.com wrote:

To get right to the point, I believe the Kanzius effect is caused by the
polarization of the hydrogen molecules in the water.

This polarization causes the two atoms of hydrogen to lose their 105
degree orientation to each other and de-stabilize the water molecule.

The unstable water molecule comes apart easily then, combining
hydrogen to hydrogen and oxygen to oxygen in a magnetic bond.

Because the water molecules’ special property to hold sodium is lost,
some sodium atoms must also be released to react violently with the
water still present.

This ignites hydrogen which recombines with the oxygen to keep the wick
from being consumed.

The unusual properties of the HHO gas, catalyzes the whole process to a
very high efficiency.

The other (IMHO) best guess (actual metal content, Vaughn)

I have an updated post He
http://nick2.wordpress.com/2007/09/1...st-rostum-roy/

On June 16, 2007, Charles Kilmer wrote
(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/k...ect/message/29) to the
kanzius effect discussion list:

I wrote a blog on this topic. Some of the links go back to this
discussion group.

http://nick2.wordpress.com/2007/06/0...ter-into-fire/

Read through the blog carefully.

What you should see is the secret sauce to the Kanzius effect. Its
contained in one of kanzius patents and in an expired eu patent.

What's happening is that the RF is imitating the radio frequency of some
catalyst for water separations. My guess is that the catalyst frequency
that's being imitated is platinum since that's the big expensive
catalyst in hydrogen fuel cells. What's happening is that the salt water
is fooled into believing there's a platinum catalyst in the water.

The other thing that's happening is that the Na is getting really hot
really fast. Na --like any metal in a microwave is a heatsink. The water
is first destablized by the RF and then its broken apart by the
superheated Na.

Now consider if they could eliminate platinum from fuel cells altogether
while using salt water as a storage and fuel for hydrogen -- suddenly
hydrogen fuel cell cars would be dramatically cheaper.