Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default I need a better way to post projects

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:12:28 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I like the DropBox for its permanence - one can go back & find stuff
from years back. But I don't like the text & pictures separation -
there's too much back & forth to get the whole project. I tried
integrating them by having a composite with text (e.g., see
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/vibepolisher.jpg ). I like the
result, pretty much, but I had to do it in PhotoShop, which is a pain to
do text in.

A web page can be formatted nicely, & easily, but it can't be stored in
the DropBox and links tend to get broken. There is a FireFox add-on
that will store a web page as a .jpg, but the jpg is too big & the text
quality low.

Any ideas?

Bob

=========
After reviewing the instructions on using the dropbox at
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox.html
a possible solution is to create the required text description
file and one large zip file containing all the graphics,
cnc/text, and cad files for that project.

there are many free/share ware archivers that will create a zip
file containing many files/types. see
http://www.winzip.com/
seems to be the most popular. some others are
http://www.topshareware.com/TurboZIP-download-10277.htm
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
google on zip archiver download for 6mm hits if you don't like
any of these.

For the people running linux or mac o/s, can you "unzip" files on
your systems or do they need to be in the tar or some other
format format?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.