Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boeing and metrcication question

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

Thank you one and all for your insight and thoughts. But my question remains
unanswered.

Has Boeing gone metric in their basic aircraft design world of HP, thrust,
Lbs/sq/in, drag, coef friction, tensil strengths, elongation, stress,
strain, materials, heat treatment parameters in f, times in minutes, miles
and not meters.... wire gauges, fasteners and on and on an on which made
them the greatest manufacturer of quality aircraft in the world?

Please. I'm not bashing the metric system. Just plain curious as to why
anybody would discard a century of technology simply to satisfy some
imaginary concept that just because the rest of the world jumps off a cliff,
why should we?

Lemmings?

They didn't jump. They were pushed off that cliff by a sick practical
joke from the French. No one realized it was a joke because, quite
frankly, they aren't that funny. It has snowballed to the point it is
out of control.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell