Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wiring a outside hot tub

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
NEC requires 6/3 with ground, GFCI protected, no disconnect at tub

location
for single family dwelling, but if you install one, it must be 5 feet away
from tub. GFCI protected outlet for general use, must be installed between

5
and 10 feet from tub. Anything conductive that's within 5 feet of tub must
be bonded together and to tubs grounding system

It is important to read the instructions that came with the hot tub. I had
an installation that required the grounding conductor to be the same size as
the feeders. I'm glad that I read the manual because the inspector asked to
read it too.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a 12/240v hot tub with a 50 amp breaker in my disconnect box.
What I need to do now is wire the disconnect box to my main box that
is in my basement. What wire do I need? or can I use the same
disconnect box as my a/c unit that is about 6 feet away?