Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default I need a better way to post projects

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I like the DropBox for its permanence - one can go back & find stuff
from years back. But I don't like the text & pictures separation -
there's too much back & forth to get the whole project. I tried
integrating them by having a composite with text (e.g., see
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/vibepolisher.jpg ). I like the
result, pretty much, but I had to do it in PhotoShop, which is a pain to
do text in.

A web page can be formatted nicely, & easily, but it can't be stored in
the DropBox and links tend to get broken. There is a FireFox add-on
that will store a web page as a .jpg, but the jpg is too big & the text
quality low.

You could do what I do which is to own your own domain name (costs about $5/yr
to register) and have your ISP host your Web page.

Or get a copy of Acrobat, which will allow you to PDF files including both
text and photos. I use Adobe FrameMaker to make such files, but you can use
any modern word processor.

GWE