Eric R Snow

Default Any lawyers on the list?

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:32:58 -0700, "M" mark@maxmachinedotcom wrote:

"Gunner" wrote

Ouch! That indeed is a nasty inclusion and indeed, the seller
misrepresented the piece intentionally. That area sticks out like a
sore thumb.

Ive some small knowledge of diamond grading..and what would be a SVG
would be an industrial G diamond with it. Big big difference in
value.

I agree. Go for it Harold. The guy cheated you. All these keyboard
philosophers would feel the same way you do if it happened to them. Even Mr.
Kinch was ****ed off when it happened to him over the sum of $150. Look at
all the time he spent going after the crook. When it happened to you, he
tries to make it look noble and high minded by saying his only intent was to
"educate" the public about ebay fraud. Not likely.

The armchair lawyers are here in abundance, also. Most of whom take the
position of "don't do anything, you might be sued" or "you made a wrong
move, you better forget it". I would do exactly what you are trying to
do.... nail him to the wall in any way I could. Let HIM suffer the
consequences of his actions. We have become a nation of cowards, unable or
unwilling to take a stand for what is right and wrong. If more people stood
up for what they believe, willing to take risks for justice, we might HAVE
more justice for all.

Mark

P.S. This is another reason I like Gunner.... he's a stand-up kind of guy.
Won't take any crap, and does his best to do the right thing, even at great
cost to himself. His political views don't mean much to me. What he is,
does.

A couple months ago I settled with an insurance company who
represented the guy who ran into me. The litigation went on for over
three years. Their first offer would not have even paid the medical
bills up to that point. This law suit had much more at stake than your
piece of art but I still think you should pursue it. Many nasty and
untrue things were said about me, "experts" lied, etc.. But, sticking
with it and not letting them grind me down (got close tho') paid off
in the end. So stick with it Harold. Once, when sitting in small
claims court and watching the action, I saw a judge award the
plaintiff the full amount and then, without a request from the
plaiintiff, award even more for other damages incurred but not
claimed. I think it was for interest and the cost of collection and
missing time from work. Apparently this is something the judge can do
when they want. At least in WA. Maybe a trip to the library to check
out a book about small claims may give you some tools to help you. I
think NO LO PRESS may have something. Not sure if it is Nolo or No Lo.
I'm sure it comes from "No lo contrende"which means "no contest".
Anyway, I don't know latin or law but I do know persistence pays off.
Cheers,
eric