Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Light fixture

wrote:

On Sep 17, 3:52 pm, wrote:

On Sep 17, 2:32 pm, "TKM" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

I have an outdoor light fixture mounted to the side of the house next
to the front door under our porch. I have a compact fluorescent bulb
in the fixture and when it is on, there is a pulse to the light. I
have tried different CF bulbs and the same thing, whether higer or
lower in wattage. I currently have a 16watt bulb in there now. Does
this mean the fixture needs replacing, or what. There are two other
fixtures, both on three way switches and are fine with the CF bulbs.
Both are 26watts.

As others have indicated, any kind of dimmer, photocell or other than a
standard switch in the circuit could cause the flickering problem. CFLs may
also flicker when cold. However, that flicker will quickly disappear as the
lamp warms up especially if the lamp is in an enclosed fixture.

TKM

It is in a bottom open fixture and the incandescent lights up fine.

Correction! The incandescent does not light either. Time for a new
fixture!

Or maybe just a new socket?

Jeff

--