Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default wiring a outside hot tub

On Sep 18, 8:23 am, wrote:
I have a 12/240v hot tub with a 50 amp breaker in my disconnect box.
What I need to do now is wire the disconnect box to my main box that
is in my basement. What wire do I need? or can I use the same
disconnect box as my a/c unit that is about 6 feet away?

I installed one and you need to check the codes closely, my town
required a local ground rod as well as the house ground if set
outdoors, the inspector measured the distances from the water edge not
the tub edge to any other electricals (in gazebo). I would not share
the AC box and chances are the AC conduit does not have enough room
for the #6 wire you'll need to run back to the main anyway. Mine was
also 50 amps total but had 2 local gfci's one 30 amp for the heaters
and a 20 amp for the pumps.