Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rough cost for a fitted bathroom

On 2007-09-17, Mr Sandman wrote:

If you want a decent quality
bathroom that will look great and last years it can be done for not much
more than a grand.
Yeah. Right. In your dreams.

(I've fitted three bathrooms so far in my DIY "career".) The shower (*) alone
cost more than a grand in the last two.

(* Pump+valve+enclosure+tray+tiles)

Well who needs a pump?

Anyone who wants a decent shower? Google "Tanganyika boiler" for the kind of
thing I want.

********. I have no pumps and better showers than I have had ANYwhere
pumped or not. Mains pressure hot water is all it takes.

however, yes, a proper shower + enclosure is around a grand all in.

But the rest can be pretty minimal..I'd say less than a grand,so if you
simply get a bath with a shower tap on it, and rig a sheet of plastic to
it as a shower screen, its possible.

Not as specified; "a decent quality bathroom that will look great and last
years." A shower over the bath has already failed, IMO.

Then cough up 2 grand and be done with it.