Carl Byrns

Default Any lawyers on the list?

On Sat, 8 May 2004 12:30:47 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
shouted from the rooftop:

From this I gather that you feel that it is perfectly acceptable that
someone advertises a car for sale, shows a picture of the car before a fire,
you bid, you win, you receive a burned out car, and the seller is off the
hook?

Harold- you keep forgetting that you were offered a refund.
Which you refused.
The instant you refused the refund offer, the balance tipped in favor
of the seller because the seller can now claim that YOU acted in bad
faith- that because YOU bid to much for the glass YOU want YOUR money
back.
EBay is an auction: "Where-is, as-is" with no refunds promised.

Again, you screwed up and made a cheap lesson into an expensive one.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the offer to refund our money was
withdrawn the moment I talked about shipping charges that would not have
occurred had they not told us lies. While we don't have that in writing
because it was by telephone, they alluded to such in the comments on eBay.

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on" -Sam Goldwyn

You have lost this battle.

-Carl

"An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura