Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy McKenzie Andy McKenzie is offline

Default Is this dribble?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 18 Sep, 12:14, "Dave Baker" wrote:

I'm not sure what he's on about because if there's a meter measuring the
kWhs going in properly the electrodes inside the gadget can do what they
like. It ain't rocket science.

Actually it's harder than you might think. Measuring errors here are
what tripped up Fleischmann & Pons.

Agreed, but then Flieschmann and Pons cells were meant/claimed to deliver
less than a watt of heat, and often people were looking for fluctuations of
less than 1% of the input power. I can see those measurements being hard to
make.

This particular brand of mongoose-snack lubricant is meant to deliver house
warming levels of heat, I guess in the multi kilowatt range. It would seem
fairly easy to derive an experiment that used, say, two batteries (with
inverters as one to power a conventional immersion heater, another to power
the device, and measure the time taken to heat one domestic immersion tank
to a given temperature, versus the resulting use of energy.

In addition to measurement errors the possibility that a chemical reaction
is occurring - that will end whenever the secret supply of 'catalyst' is
exhausted - within about n days of the cheque clearing your bank account,
where n is a small number.

Andy