Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander[_2_] Jim Alexander[_2_] is offline

Default boiler problems

"iain_b" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 17 Sep, 13:11, "Jim Alexander" wrote:
"iain_b" wrote in message

ups.com... Hi all,

I've got a British Gas boiler, Model 50F2 (made by Potterton).

When I try to put the radiators on - nothing happens. When I try to
put the hot water on - both the hot water and radiators come on. The
boiler is 7 years old and the problem has just started, is there
something sticking?

Not necessarily the only answer but the symptoms can be explained by a
faulty heating zone valve, either synchron motor or microswitch.

Jim A

Thanks Jim,
Further investigation shows that the boiler doesn't even 'kick in'
when the heating is switched to 'on' and if the boiler is running with
the hot water on then switching the heating to 'on' will switch the
boiler off altogether - is this more likely to be pointing to the
microswitch?

Firstly you need to post whether you have 2 x 2 port zone valves or 1 x 3
port. From your description of the fault guessing 3 port.

Jim A