Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Combined FM/DAB aerial

In article , Andy Hall scribeth thus
On 2007-09-18 09:08:33 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

Thing is I don't really want a rats nest of aerials so close to the roof
terrace and fitting both current FM and DAB aerials would mean a longer
pole to clear the chimney pots on the stack while allowing reasonable
spacing. I'm wondering about cutting down the FM aerial to just the main
folded dipole as that could be fitted vertically and still look ok - but
was hoping for a neater all in one solution.

That may well depend on which FM programs you want. While you might
have enough signal from anything sited at Crystal Palace or Beulah Hill
to operate an electric fire, the remaining FM stuff is from Wrotham,
which I guess is about 30km from you

Except that there is an FM relay at Crystal place in Dave's back yard;!...

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/crystalpalace/index.shtml

Presumably not as much oomph though....