Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default Power to a greenhouse

damn, having to reply to my own posting. Nevertheless, I've just
realised I have a supplementary question:

How are you supposed to join the steel wire part of the SWA to eg.
earth if you are using one of these junction boxes? TBH, considering
the admonitions elswhere about only connecting T+E using proper crimp
connectors, I'm a little surprised that these 'glorified chocolate
box' connectors are considered OK in the first place.

Ta
J^n

On 2007-09-17 22:55:58 +0100, John Rumm said:

jkn wrote:

Thanks John & Andy - that's really useful.

As an aside, I used one of these the other day:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LB9045.html

And was surprised to find it came complete with a boiled sweet waiting
inside for the lucky installer. I don't think it was an accident
either, since the wrapper bore the makers "ELS" logo and details!

It's worth putting them underground just so that one can play with the
epoxy gunk :-)