Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,alt.building.construction
Lacustral Lacustral is offline

Default Quietest inline fan for range hood exhaust

-zero ) wrote:

This is nice and quiet, and IMO, better quality then the others
you'd mentioned.

http://us.exhausto.com/files/pdf/Brochures/3921002.pdf

I wanted to say thanks for telling me about exhausto. They have inline
fans, they have one that's meant for chimney ventilation which should be
fine for a range hood. It's speed controllable, the guy said it doesn't
make a low-voltage hum. It's almost 500 CFM, which is a little more than
I was thinking of, but actually this much CFM would be useful. I don't
need that much for the range hood, but it'll be useful for times I want
to clean the air out of my house quickly. It's 1600 max RPM, so it's very
quiet. Fantech's fans run at about 2600-3000 max RPM. And I like
exhausto's speed control. It has numbers on the dial, which is useful.

So anyway, this is helpful.

Laura