Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Nova Nova is offline

Default Crochet Hooks

Casper wrote:

Hello!

Hoping some of you kind experts out there can lend me some advice.
I've started, once again after many years, to crochet. It's been
interesting just listening to my brain teach my hands how it goes.
I've bought a couple commercial hooks just to get started. I have seen
a custom turned ones out on eBay, but I'd like to turn my own. So my
question is, how do I size the hooks? Is there a chart that shows how
each needs to be turned? I'm guessing the hook end is basically the
same on each hook, just larger or smaller in proportion to the whole
hook diameter. Is that correct? Or am I getting myself hooked on the
wrong thing? Any advice and/or comments appreciated.

Thanks!
`Casper

See:

http://www.yarnstandards.com/hooks.html