Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26157 Ignoramus26157 is offline

Default Electrical (gen-set) question

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:38:38 GMT, Bill Marrs wrote:
If a person had two small 110VAC generators. Ganged the commons and fed one
generator into each leg of a 220VAC single phase circuit, would it work?

no

I'm thinking 220v well pump, small transformer type welder, clothes
dryer etc.

If it would work, would the two gen-sets need to be the same size?

There is probably some simple reason why this is a really bad idea,
but I don't have enough electrical background to see it.

Consider carefully what will happen if one spins at 61 Hz, and another
at 59 Hz