Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default Power to a greenhouse

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
This thread has prompted me to read that useful section on the FAQ.
There I see it stated that

"SWA is frequently not brought right into the building at the head end
since it is relatively inflexible and difficult to work with."

What is done instead then, please? I was thinking of an outbuilding
supply using SWA and would be interested to learn about the options.

Thanks
J^n

I attached an outdoor box
http://www.screwfix.co.uk/app/sfd/ca...63869&id=11549
to the wall with screws and a substantial bed of mastic and ran the SWA into that from underneath
using
http://www.screwfix.co.uk/app/sfd/ca...64018&id=14198
Then standard 13A T&E through the wall from the back of the box to a 6A fuse inside. The fuse linked
the spur to the ring main.
The cable powers a pond pump and a socket for the lawn mower, and a couple of pond heaters in winter.