Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] franzen_torres@yahoo.com is offline

Default No-Shed Electric Blanket Suggestions

I have been using a Sunbeam brand electric blanket that I bought from
K-Mart and it sheds so much of its surface fibers that I have to
vacuum the bedroom floor daily. The top fibers seem to be loose and
they just fall off and all over the place even when not disturbed.
I've put it through the washing machine a couple of times and it still
sheds like a hairy dog in summer. Sad, because I really love the
warmth that an electric blanket provides.

Are there any specific brands or fiber types or models of electric
blankets that do not exhibit this fabric separation problem? Acrylic
vs. cotton, etc.?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.