Posted to alt.home.repair
trainfan1 trainfan1 is offline

Default Dishwasher has started to leave streaks on the dishes

JA wrote:
I have an Asko mid-range dishwasher that's about 10-12 years old. In the
last two weeks, it's started leaving streaks all over the dishes and on the
stainless interior. I'm not talking about a few minor streaks--these are
major whitish streaks and blobs that make the glasses and stainless look
unwashed. I had been using Cascade gel and Jet Dry rinse (as always) but
switched to Cascade powder to see if that would be any better. It isn't.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Your water supply is "hard". Loaded with minerals... time to get a
water softener.

As an aside, the Cascade powder is good stuff. I've never been able to
get a good wash with any gels or tablets. The WalMart "Great Value"
powder is suspiciously comparable to Cascade.

Rob