Posted to sci.electronics.repair
vey vey is offline

Default How to revive dead car battery?

harore wrote:
Hello..

I hope this post is related to this group because I think this is
about electronic a little bit.

Hmm, my car battery is almost dead. But, when I jumpstart it, it
starts well and the battery is also okay for another 2-3 start after
running it a while. Then, the next morning the car battery is flat
out. So, is there any method for me to revive the dead battery?
Because I think it is not fully dead yet, if I throw it, it would not
be good to the environment.

Thanks.

harore
http://www.hobbyelectroniccircuits.com

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I had this problem once and when
I took it to a mechanic, it turned out to be a loose alternator belt. He
told me that and I didn't believe it and said so. The belt wasn't making
any noise and didn't slipping belts squeal?

He tightened it up and told me, "Look, I won't charge you anything. You
drive it this way for a week and if it doesn't work, you don't owe me
anything, but if it does, you owe me $10." I went back a week later and
paid him.