Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Power to a greenhouse

jkn wrote:

This thread has prompted me to read that useful section on the FAQ.
There I see it stated that

"SWA is frequently not brought right into the building at the head end
since it is relatively inflexible and difficult to work with."

What is done instead then, please? I was thinking of an outbuilding
supply using SWA and would be interested to learn about the options.

If you read on a bit to the section on installing the sub main it gives
some of the options:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...g_the_sub_main

The usual solution is to fix a waterproof box of some description
outside and run the SWA into that with appropriate glands. You can then
drill straight through the wall from the box to allow a cable to
continue to the supply. This can be in T&E which is much simpler to
route and work with than SWA.

--
Cheers,

John.