Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

George wrote:

RickH wrote:

China can make things real cheap and fast, but they dont believe in QA
departments.

Don't kid yourself. They are quite capable of making quality stuff. Its
the "Walmart mentality" buyers who keep on insisting on even cheaper
prices so then the quality falls as expected.

There was some ass on sci.electronics.design a while back trying to
sell his company's SMD crap and bragging, "It only has a 1% failure
rate".

Think about this: If a board has 100 parts that means on average, you
have a 100% average failure rate for an assembled board. If it has more
parts, the rate goes up, as well.

He couldn't understand why no one wanted the garbage. Our average on
passives was about 1/5000, excluding parts damaged during assembly.
Even then, we had to troubleshoot some new boards, after assembly.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida