Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default eschew labor saving devices, work harder and longer. was What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:07:28
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:03:05 +0100, Colin Wilson
REMOVEEVERYTHINGBUTnewsgroup@phoenixbbsZEROSPAM. co.uk wrote:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

So you're only 3 times more likely to be murdered in the US - so much
for guns keeping crime down...

With 5 x the population of the UK..seems like we are ahead on safety
points.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...rms-per-capita

Your stats are working great - we're only 27 times less likely to be
murdered by a gun toting luntic

27 times more likely to be murdered by a gun - I wonder why...

You left out the part about being murdered by other means, or raped or
robbed..

But then..I knew you would.

But being raped or robbed, let alone murdered, by someone using
something other than a firearm, is morally superior, don'tcha know.

Personally, I think these neo-luddites should be forced to do away
with other modern labor saving devices, in addition to firearms. It
will keep them busy, and in much better shape physically. Not sure it
will improve their mental capacity, but then conservatives aren't really
into that whole "reeducation through labor" thing. We're more inclined
towards "the idle brain is the devil's workshop".

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "