Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default boiler problems

iain_b wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a British Gas boiler, Model 50F2 (made by Potterton).

When I try to put the radiators on - nothing happens. When I try to
put the hot water on - both the hot water and radiators come on. The
boiler is 7 years old and the problem has just started, is there
something sticking?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Iain.

It's unlikely to be a boiler problem per se. The boiler obviously works, or
it wouldn't do anything when both HW and CH are turned on. The problem is
likely to be in the external controls - motorised valves, thermostats, etc.
What type of system have you got? Have a look at
http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm and see whether your
system conforms to one or other of the standard 'plans'. If you tell us
which one, we'll tell you what to look for.
--
Cheers,
Roger